Filing & Fees
How to Make a Filing/Payment to the PUCN
Filings and associated fees or payments to the PUCN may be made:
- In person at the PUCN's Carson City or Las Vegas office.
- By mail (USPS, UPS, FedEx, courier) to the PUCN's
Carson City or Las Vegas office.
- Online via the PUCN's Electronic Filings & Payment Systems.
- Through electronic media (DVD, CD, flash/thumb drive), delivered in person or mailed to either of the PUCN’s offices, for filings larger than 400 pages, submitted in volumes.
Tips for In Person & Mail Filings
- Pursuant to NAC 703.136, documents filed in person or by mail must:
Pursuant to NAC 703.162, the PUCN requires that a draft notice be included with all applications, tariff filings, complaints and petitions. Click here to view a sample draft notice.
If filing in a matter that already has a docket number, clearly reference the docket number.
Review NAC 703.5274 for instructions on filing confidential information.
- Be typewritten in black ink or be prepared by another duplication process that will produce clear and permanent copies equally legible to printing.
- Be unbound (no staples, clips, etc).
- Not have external tabs or dividers.
- Be printed on one side of 18 to 24 pound white paper that is 8 1/2 by 11 inches in size.
Tips for Electronic & Electronic Media Filings
Electronic filings must be made according to the PUCN's Electronic Filing User's Guide or UEC Electronic Filing User's Guide.