- Do I have to file an annual report for my mobile home park?
- I do not have a computer (or a printer). How can I get a copy of the Annual Report Form?
- Where can I find the Annual Report Form on the PUCN website?
- Do I have to sign the Protective Agreement?
- What if my mobile home park has a tenant service charge and I am sending in bank statements?
- Does the PUCN need a list of the people who are living in my mobile home park?
- If I complete the Annual Report Form on the computer, can I submit the form from there to file it with the PUCN?
- I have been trying to complete the Annual Report Form on my computer and I just can’t do it!
- Can I email the report to the PUCN?
- What is a docket number and why do I need it?
- Where do I find the docket number?
- I did not retain a copy of the Annual Report I submitted last year. How can I get a copy?
- Is there a list I can join to receive a mailed blank copy of the Annual Report Form every year?
- What is a “d/b/a”?
- Does the Oath page have to be notarized?
- I sold the mobile home park last year. Do the new owners have to fill out the Annual Report Form?
1. Do I have to file an annual report for my mobile home park?
In 2015, Assembly Bill 74 was passed into law. This law changed the requirements for certain manufactured home parks or mobile home parks to file an annual report with the PUCN. Beginning with annual reports for calendar year 2015 (which are filed in 2016), the only parks that are required to file an annual report are those that 1) maintain a tenant service charge account and/or 2) are billed by a utility and in turn charge tenants for utility service. Click on the link below to find out whether your park is required to file an annual report. If your park appears on the list, it is required to file an annual report. If your park does not appear on the list, your park is not required to file an annual report.
Jurisdictional Mobile Home Parks List
2. I do not have a computer (or a printer). How can I get a copy of the Annual Report Form?
If you do not have access to a computer and/or printer, call the Financial Analysis Division at (775) 684-6155 and request that a copy be mailed to you. (Copy fees of .25 cents per page may apply. See Fee Schedule.) If you reach voicemail, please leave your name, the name of the park, and your mailing address in your message. If you would like confirmation that your call was received and the form has been mailed, please inform us of this request and provide a call-back number.
3. Where can I find the Annual Report Form on the PUCN website?
From the puc.nv.gov home page:
- Hover over “Utilities” on the brown menu bar towards the top of the page. Select “Annual Reports.”
- Select the link for the appropriate calendar year annual reports.
- Scroll down to Mobile Home Parks. Here you will find a PDF version of the annual report form as well as the Protective Agreement.
4. Do I have to sign the Protective Agreement?
State law requires all records filed with the PUCN be open to public inspection, unless information is specifically designated as confidential. If you must provide information in the Annual Report that could cause harm to you or your business if it were made public, you may request confidential treatment for that information according to the PUCN’s regulations. Confidential filing regulations are located at NAC 703.527 through 703.5282. An Annual Report containing information submitted confidentially must be accompanied by an executed Protective Agreement so that the PUCN's Regulatory Operations Staff may review the confidential information. If the Annual Report does not contain any sensitive information you wish to keep confidential, then the Protective Agreement is not necessary.
5. What if my mobile home park has a tenant service charge and I am sending in bank statements?
If you are submitting bank statements as part of your annual report, please redact:
- Account numbers and/or PINs.
- Social Security Numbers (SSN).
- Employer Identification Numbers (EIN).
The PUCN requires bank statements from mobile home parks with tenant service charges. However, the PUCN does not need account numbers, PINs, EINs, or SSNs in order to meaningfully review and process the bank statements. Redacting this information from bank statements will allow mobile home parks to file bank statements without having to comply with the PUCN’s confidential filing procedures, while still protecting their sensitive information.
6. Does the PUCN need a list of the people who are living in my mobile home park?
No. The PUCN does not require or need the names of your tenants. This information is considered private and should not be included in the Annual Report.
7. If I complete the Annual Report Form on the computer, can I submit the form from there to file it with the PUCN?
Yes. Instructions for filing electronically (“Filing & Fees”) are located on the brown menu bar at the top of every PUCN webpage.
8. I have been trying to complete the Annual Report Form on my computer and I just can’t do it!
If you’re having trouble completing the Annual Report Form on your computer, print the form and complete the form in black ink.
9. Can I email the report to the PUCN?
No. The Annual Report Form must be filed with the PUCN. The PUCN accepts filings in the following manner:
10. What is a docket number and why do I need it?
Any document filed with the PUCN is required to be filed in a docket. A docket is a record of all of the filings and proceedings related to a particular matter; in this case, the matter is mobile home park annual reports. The docket number is pre-printed on the annual report form.
11. Where do I find the docket number?
The docket number is pre-printed on the annual report form. The docket number is also provided in the Notice issued by the PUCN and mailed to all mobile home park owners in January. (The Protective Agreement was included in this mailing.) Alternatively, the docket number can be found by hovering your cursor over “Dockets” on the brown menu bar and clicking on “Annual Reports.” Read the description of the active annual report dockets to find the docket assigned to Mobile Home Park Annual Reports.
12. I did not retain a copy of the Annual Report I submitted last year. How can I get a copy?
You can print a copy of the annual report you filed by accessing the annual report docket for the year in question via the PUCN’s website.
13. Is there a list I can join to receive a mailed blank copy of the Annual Report Form every year?
There is no list to automatically receive the Mobile Home Park Annual Report Form by mail. Each year, you will receive a copy of the Notice issued by the PUCN and the Protective Agreement by mail. The notice will provide you with important information about the filing of your annual report.
14. What is a “d/b/a”?
“D/b/a” is an acronym for “doing business as.”
15. Does the Oath page have to be notarized?
No, the Oath page does not have to be notarized. However, it must be signed using black ink. If you are creating a PDF with your signature to submit electronically, the PDF must be created in black and white.
16. I sold the mobile home park last year. Do the new owners have to fill out the Annual Report Form?
You are responsible for completing an Annual Report Form covering the months of the year during which you were the legal owner. The form includes a section where the name and contact information for the new owners is to be entered.