PUCN Regulated Companies & Service Providers
The following lists of regulated companies and service providers are supplied by the PUCN as a courtesy to the public. This information is updated frequently. However, the PUCN does not verify the accuracy or validity of this information. Members of the public are encouraged to seek verification from the PUCN by contacting the Financial Analysis Division at 775-684-6155.
PLEASE NOTE: Although cooperative utilities may appear in the following lists, the PUCN has limited authority over cooperative utilities. The PUCN does not regulate the rates or service quality of these utilities and cannot assist consumers with complaints. For more information on filing a complaint against non-PUCN regulated companies, please see the "Non-PUCN Regulated Companies & Service Providers" section below.
Non-PUCN Regulated Companies & Service Providers
The PUCN does not regulate cable, satellite, cellular, Internet or trash removal services. The PUCN also does not rate-regulate municipally-owned utilities. The PUCN has limited authority over cooperative utilities, but does not regulate the rates or service quality of cooperative utilities. Please see below for information on obtaining assistance with complaints against non-PUCN regulated services or utilities.
- Cable: Contact your county commission for complaint assistance. In Clark County, contact the Clark County Consumer Information Line at (702) 455-8888.
- Cooperatives: Contact the appropriate member of the cooperative's Board of Directors. You can find this information by calling the office of the cooperative that serves you or by visiting the cooperative's website.
- General Improvement Districts (GIDs): Contact the appropriate county commission official or GID board member who oversees the utility. You can find this information by calling the office of the GID that services you or by visiting the GID's website.
- Internet, Satellite & Cellular Service: For complaints against Internet, satellite and cellular providers, please contact the Federal Communications Commission ("FCC") at 888-225-5322 or online at www.fcc.gov/complaints.
- Las Vegas Valley Water District, Southern Nevada Water Authority, Truckee Meadows Water Authority: Contact your county commission for complaint assistance:
- Clark County Commission: (702) 455-3500
- Washoe County Commission: (775) 328-2005
- Payphones: Contact the payphone service provider listed on the payphone for assistance. The FCC may also be able to help you. Contact the FCC at 888-225-5322 or online at www.fcc.gov/complaints.
- Taxicab Companies: For assistance with complaints against taxicab companies in Clark County, please contact the Nevada Taxicab Authority at (702) 668-4000 or online at taxi.nv.gov. For assistance with complaints against taxicab companies in all other parts of Nevada, contact the Nevada Transportation Authority at (702) 486-3303 in Las Vegas, (775) 688-2800 in Northern Nevada, or tsa.nv.gov.
- Trash Collection Services: Contact your local jurisdiction's business license department.