Mobile Home Parks

The PUCN’s jurisdiction over Mobile Home Parks (MHP) is generally limited to the following topics:

  1. ANNUAL REPORTS: In 2015, Assembly Bill 74 was passed into law. This law changed the requirements for certain manufactured home parks or mobile home parks to file an annual report with the PUCN. Beginning with annual reports for calendar year 2015 (which are filed in 2016), the only parks that are required to file an annual report are those that 1) maintain a tenant service charge account and/or 2) are billed by a utility and in turn charge tenants for utility service. Click on the link below to find out whether your park is required to file an annual report. If your park appears on the list, it is required to file an annual report. If your park does not appear on the list, your park is not required to file an annual report.

    Jurisdictional Mobile Home Parks List

    Pursuant to NAC 704.987(2), mobile home parks that are required to file an annual report must submit them to the PUCN no later than March 30 of the year following the year for which the report is submitted (I.e., a park’s annual report for 2020 is due no later than March 30, 2021).

  2. UTILITY RATES: If an MHP charges its tenants for gas, electric or water utility service, then the charges to the tenants must comply with Nevada statutes, including but not limited to NRS 704.940. The PUCN may investigate all MHP charges to its tenants for utility services.

  3. COMPLAINTS: Any tenant of an MHP who has concerns regarding the charges collected by the MHP for utility services may contact the PUCN’s Consumer Complaint Resolution Division (Division). The Division will investigate the complaint.

    Check Your Regulatory Status

    If you are a current mobile home park in Nevada and want to check the status of your annual report, click here.